How Much does the IC Decode Cost
How much does the IC decode cost?
The price range of IC decode is relatively broad, depending on the specific model!
Since I was working on IC decode, I have often received various questions from customers. Today, let us explain why IC to decode is also aimed at chips. Is there such a big price difference? Some chips only cost a few hundred dollars, and some need tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands?
- First of all, the price of the IC decodes links to our research and development expenses. The higher the cost of the solution, the higher the corresponding decryption price. I believe this is not necessary for me to explain too much. Most customers can understand it so differently. Because of the various technical strengths, the cost of solution development is other. Another point, such as the 51 MCU of ATMEL series,
- Understand the difficulty of the secret. STC chip space divide into 1, BOOTLOAD 2, application code 3, EEPROM. Our decryption is mainly for the BOOTLOAD area to crack and then read the program; for this point, the latest version of the STC chip removed the BOOTLOAD area. All of the above require us to spend a lot of workforce and resources researching a decryption solution. Many pieces of equipment cost millions of millions, so we can only borrow; the overall cost is much higher. The chips on different devices are different in an application. Even if they are the same model, there will be a big difference in the decoding cost; some programs are complete or even impossible to decode, especially some devices that will use individual chips. The decryption difficulty is vast, so the cost of decode will be several times higher than that of ordinary chips, dozens of times or even hundreds of times. Therefore, you need to carefully communicate our decryption’s detailed model and features with our customer service. Our customer service will give the decode price of the company specification.
- Why is the price increase?
- This situation is mainly due to the following reasons:
- A: The customer did not report the model correctly. For example, when a customer reported AT89C51RC, it was reported as AT89C51. The price difference is about ten times!
- B: The customer’s microcontroller pin blown, we need to do extra work (this work is costly, even higher than the decryption itself)
- C: The LOGO on the chip is a model, but it is another model. The cryptographer has confused the hands and feet. However, the probability of occurrence is very low, and it is a professional problem. If we find out, we will inform the customer that if the customer is still willing to do it, we will continue to do it; if not, we will refund all the deposits and masters of the customer.
- Therefore, our company base on the service concept of honesty, and there will be no increase in price for no reason.
- Why do you need to collect a deposit?
- Because we also have the cost of human and material resources when we do IC decode, and in some cases, we need to use equipment from other organizations (such as FIB equipment). Still, some customers have found some latest versions of their products after decrypting some chip models. Yes, the previous ones are not needed; or after the customer has cracked the chip and found no market for this product, then do not program. These reasons will cause us to lose, so we will charge a part of the deposit when we decode IC.